Official Rules and Regulations
Toronto Paramedic Services “Make The Right Call” Contest
The personal information is collected under the authority of the City of Toronto Act, 2006, S.O. 2006, c. 11, Sched. A, ss. 8(1), 136(c) and Toronto City Council Decision 202, of Item EX3.4 on March 10 and 11. The personal information collected will be used to enter you into the Toronto Paramedic Services contest, described above, and to contact participants selected as potential winners. Questions about this collection can be directed to the Superintendent Public Information – Toronto Paramedic Medical Services, 4330 Dufferin Street, Toronto, Ontario, M3H 5R9 or by phone at 416-392-2255.
No purchase is necessary to enter this Contest. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning this Contest. You must have a valid email address to enter this contest. Entrants may be asked to provide proof of residence prior to being declared a winner.
This Contest will run in accordance with these Rules. The City of Toronto (Toronto Paramedic Services) reserve the right, subject to any required approval of any regulatory authorities, to cancel, amend, modify, withdraw or terminate this Contest or these Rules at any time in their sole discretion and without further notice. Changes to these rules will be posted online at www.torontoparamedicservices.ca
. You must comply with these Rules and you will be deemed to have received, understood and agreed to these Rules if you participate in the Contest.
The Contest begins at or about 12:00:01 am Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on May 27, 2015 and ends at or about 11:59:59pm EDT on June 21, 2015 (the “Contest Period”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted. The computer of Toronto Paramedic Services is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- Eligibility: The Contest is open to all residents of the City of Toronto who have reached the age of majority in the City of Toronto by the start date of this Contest as identified above, with the exception of the employees, agents and/or representatives of the Toronto Paramedic Services and/or Telus, their respective advertising agencies or any contributor involved in the management of the Contest, as well as anyone with whom an employee, agent and/or representative is domiciled or any member of his or her immediate family. For these Rules, "immediate family" refers to the father, mother, brothers, sisters, children, husband, wife or partner of such an employee, agent and/or representative. Entrants may be asked to provide proof of residency prior to being declared a winner.
- How To Enter: There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Enter using any of the methods of entry outlined below. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
- To enter online, complete and submit the entry form located at www.torontoparamedicservices.ca. (the “Contest Website”), during the Contest Period. You must then correctly complete all required fields on the entry form, including the four questions, and click on the “Enter” button. Contest entry must include: your full name, e-mail address. Each completed registration form (together with any non-mandatory information provided by you), shall constitute an “entry” for purposes of the Contest.
- All entries become the sole property of the Toronto Paramedic Services and none will be returned for any reason. Entries will be declared invalid if (i) they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled: (ii) mechanically or electronically reproduced or (iii) include a product testimonial which are incomprehensible, incomplete, inaccurate, misleading, detrimental to Sponsor’s reputation, or include gibberish wording, all as determined in the City of sole discretion. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected for a Prize.
- Selection Of Winners
- Two (2) random entries will be selected, in Toronto, Ontario and will be posted to www.torontoparamedicservices.ca by Friday, June 26, 2015.
- No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected entrants and individuals requesting a copy of contest rules. The odds of an entry being selected depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received by the contest closing date.
The released parties (as defined below) shall be held harmless by you in the event it is subsequently discovered that you have departed from or not fully complied with any of the rules.
- Toronto Paramedic Services will contact each of the two (2) Selected Winners by telephone and/or e-mail. In the event that Toronto Paramedic Services, using reasonable efforts, cannot contact the Selected Winners for whatever reason before Friday, June 26, 2015, then the Selected Winner(s) will be disqualified and an alternative winner(s) will be chosen from the remainder of the entries during the Contest Period will be selected as the Selected Winner. Toronto Paramedic Services will repeat such process, using the same procedure and time periods, as many times as are necessary to contact the Selected Winner and award the Prize, or until no entrants remain.
- If you are selected entrant, you must, before being declared a winner: (i) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, a mathematical skill-testing question; and (ii) execute and deliver to the Sponsors within seven (7) business days of notification attempt (or less if a time is specified by Sponsors during notification or on the Declaration) a Declaration of Compliance (“Declaration”) in a form acceptable to the Sponsors, confirming (among other things) your compliance with these Rules, acceptance of the Prizes as awarded without substitution, and releasing the Toronto Paramedic Services and Telus and their respective affiliates, franchisees and related third parties, advertising and promotional agencies and each of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability in connection with this Contest, your participation therein, and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof, or the prize will be forfeited, at the Toronto Paramedic Services discretion, and an alternate potential winner will be selected. Non-compliance with these Rules or applicable laws, failure to return any documents (including the Declaration) within the time specified, incorrectly answering the mathematical skill-testing question, failure to respond to notification attempts or returns of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate potential winner will be selected.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”):
- Prizes will be awarded as follows: One (1) iPhone 6, 64GB and One (1) Samsung Galaxy S6, 64GB will each be awarded. The approximate retail value of the iPhone 6, 64GB, in Canadian dollars, is $970. The approximate retail value of the Samsung S6, 64GB, in Canadian dollars, is $860.
- Each Prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution and is not redeemable for cash.
- The two (2) prizes are collectively referred to hereinafter as the "Prize". Limit of one prize per person.
- Notification of winners:
- Toronto Paramedic Services will inform the two (2) Winners by e-mail and/or by mail and/or by phone of all the details related to how the two (2) Winners will receive the Prize.
- The Prize will be delivered to the Winners by July 10, 2015 subject to any reasonable delays caused by the determination of the Winner.
- In the event that it is not possible to deliver the Prize to the Winner, for whatever reason, the Prize must be claimed at Toronto Paramedic Services Headquarters by July 17, 2015 at the latest; otherwise it shall become null and void. In such case, the Prize will not be redrawn and will simply not be awarded.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded, and are not transferable or convertible to cash. Prizes may not be sold or traded. Should the winner refuse a prize, the Toronto Paramedic Services, Telus and their respective advertising and promotional agencies are released from any obligation related to the prize. Toronto Paramedic Services retain the rights in their absolute discretion to make substitutions of equivalent kind or value in the event of the unavailability of any element of a prize for any reason whatsoever
- General terms and conditions
- By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (i) violating the Contest or the Contest website (ii) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process, or the operation of the Contest or the Contest website; (iii) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
Caution: Any attempt to deliberately damage the contest website, or any related website or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including but not limited to criminal prosecution.
- Toronto Paramedic Services reserves the right to reject any Contest Entry Form that is incomplete, illegible or mutilated or that contains a human or mechanical error and to proceed with the selection of another Contest Entry Form.
- Any Contest Entry Form and any attempt at entering using electronic, computer or other means which are contrary to the spirit of the Contest or to the Contest rules (e.g., computer pirating, mass e- mailing, etc.) will be automatically rejected and may be referred to the appropriate judicial authorities. Any automated entries will be noticed and rejected.
- In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted a Contest Entry Form, the Contest Entry Form will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- A Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
- In consideration for the Prize, the Winner authorizes the Toronto Paramedic Services, if required, to use his/her name, photograph, place of residence, voice, image and/or declaration regarding the Prize for advertising purposes without any form of remuneration. Moreover, the Winner agrees to permit his or her name and town of residence to be broadcast on the Contest Website without any form of remuneration.
- The Toronto Paramedic Services, Telus their respective companies, divisions, subsidiaries and affiliates, any other legal person of their corporate group, their affiliated broadcast distributors, advertising and promotional agencies and their respective shareholders, administrators, executives, employees and agents, as well as any contributor to the Contest (collectively, the "Releasees") are not responsible for matters regarding the Prize or the Contest and provide no guarantee for either.
- The Releasees shall not incur any responsibility for incomplete or incomprehensible name and addresses from Contest entrants. The Releasees are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Releasees assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Contest Entry Forms. The Releasees are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. The Releasees are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. Entrants assume liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any prize. The Releasees assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsors, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, or the Contest Website.
- In no event shall the Toronto Paramedic Services be held liable where its inability to act results from a fact or situation beyond his control or from a strike, lock-out or any other labour dispute in its facilities or in the facilities of the organizations or companies whose services are used in the course of holding this Contest.
- The Toronto Paramedic Services reserve the right to withdraw or terminate this Contest at any time without prior notice.
- The decisions of the Toronto Paramedic Services are final and without appeal.
- The Contest rules are available at Toronto Paramedic Services Head office, located at 4330 Dufferin Street, Toronto, Ontario M3H 5R9 and on www.torontoparamedicservices.ca.
- Winner is solely responsible for the remittance and payment of any taxes applicable to any portion of any Prize awarded in this Contest. Winner hereby releases the Released Parties from any responsibility therefor.
- The contest is managed by Toronto Paramedic Services. Telus is in no way connected to the management of this contest.