Toronto Paramedic Services employs over one thousand hard-working women and men. The service is organized into the following divisions:
- Provides emergency and non-emergency medical care and transportation by paramedic ambulance crews.
- Responsible for operational supervision and support.
- Provides human resource services to the department including: Accommodations, Fleet Operations, Facility Maintenance, Staff Scheduling, Materials Management and Communication Systems Engineering.
- Responsible for the maintenance and distribution of medical equipment and supplies.
- Supports the Operations Division.
Central Ambulance Communications Centre (CACC):
- Provides an ambulance dispatch service that includes a 911 call receiving system, radio dispatch and operational analysis.
- Comprises the operational functions of the dispatch service, and the design, operation and maintenance of radio, telephone and computerized equipment.
- Responsible for the training of dispatchers and the creation of updated map location data.
Program Development and Service Quality:
- Includes Paramedic Education, the Professional Standards Unit, Community Paramedicine, Media Relations, Multimedia Communications, and Planning.
- Provides public education and awareness to promote rapid and appropriate use of emergency resources.
- Provides continuing medical education to paramedics.
- Responsible for training and developing department staff for first-aid training for City of Toronto staff and for recruiting paramedics.
- Responsible for complaint investigation, operational reviews, and the coordination of programs with governmental agencies.
- Responsible for the employee Psychological Health & Wellness Plan associated with Operational Stress Injuries.